Thursday 27 October 2016

Review - Book 2 of Ponniyin Selvan

பொன்னியின் செல்வன் - சுழற்காற்று (#2)  [Ponniyin Selvan - Suzharkaatru]பொன்னியின் செல்வன் - சுழற்காற்று (#2) [Ponniyin Selvan - Suzharkaatru] by Kalki
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lively Arulmozhi and Lovely Poonguzhali of this book provided me with an
unputdownable experience!
Characterisation is stunning!!
A journey through forest, ocean and their two-facesw called the beauty and the beast!
Ponniyin Selvan Part II (Whirlwind) Suzhal Kaatru is mainly about whether Vandhiyadevan is successful in meeting the Chola Prince Arulmozhivarmar and conveying the message that Kundavai has ordered him to or not! As a reader I had anticipated Kalki to introduce Ponniyin Selvan to me in many possible ways,but the way he is introduced is still sweet and brings a smile on my face if i think about it.
(I love Arulmozhivarmar character)
The parts where Kundavai and Nandini meet , author Kalki elevates the beauty of Tamil language and the conversations between them both is quite entertaining to read. Arulmozhivarmar is a character to draw inspiration from, and no wonder why he commands such love from Tamil people of that time. I did not know Srilanka was such a lovely island until I have read this book, which kindles my interest to visit the Buddhist stupas and my desire to go on a boat ride , with Poonkuzhali sitting beside me and singing that awesome song for me, "அலைகடலும் ஓய்ந்திருக்க அகக்கடல் தான் பொங்குவதேன்?..."

Poonguzhali you beauty <3 br="">
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment