Saturday 10 December 2016

The day I became Secret Santa

It was 1.45 p.m when I looked at my mobile phone after having opened my eyes from the previous night's sleep.
I had no other plans for the rest of the day. Oh wait!  If I can remember, one of my friends asked me if I could come for a movie tonight while I was sleeping . I murmured something which he caught as a tone of 'Yes'.
So, I must be going for Chennai-28 part 2.
I walked past the bedroom , to open the refrigerator in the kitchen ; pulled the bread packet out and then turned the stove on.
Here in Kochi, I along with my five other friends have been sharing a 3 bedroom flat since the last two weeks.
As it was a weekend, I woke up so late and those guys went down to have lunch during that time.
As I was all alone, being a lazy guy it was not at all a fun to toast the bread and load them into my not so large and not so small stomach.
I thought the day was going to suck!
But the climate made me fall in love with my bed and hug my bed sheets so tight that I was forced not to leave them till the evening.
As planned, we four of us were trying to book the cab through Uber to get to the mall. But the charge seemed to be double the usual one as it was a weekend. So, we had other ideas. Yes, we took the auto which surprisingly charged nominal fare.
We were already running short of time as we took the auto and so we strode as we entered the mall.
But I noticed a guy with a face that I used to say Good morning everyday at the office.
Hence I stopped by to say hi.
He was standing near an artificially decorated Christmas tree.
"Are u here for movie", I asked
He replied, "No, we are doing this work for children. Would you be interested?"
When I was about to ask him in detail, my friend said "Macha, padathuku time aachu vaa polaam"
(Dude, its getting late for movie.Let us leave")
"Oru nimusham machi" (one minute dude), I said to my friend
"Go on. What is it?", I resumed the conversation with that guy.
" See that Christmas tree over there. On its leaves we have tied papers which have wishes of small children. If you are interested you can pick one and help that kid".
"Yeah,sure", I confirmed without any hesitation.
He brought me and my friends near that tree and I was made to choose one.
On the paper that I opened was the wish of an eight year old child.
"Yellow T shirt + printed one", my mind read the wish of a child (whose name neither can I post in public nor can I ever forget) and forced my lips to show a smile to the guy who asked me if I was interested.
I said ,"I will get that now "
I was asked my name and other details.
The next moment I rushed with my friends to catch the escalator nearby as I was sure my friends would kill me if they miss the movie because of me.
We entered the shop, reached the kids section,chose the T-shirt which we all 4 of us were okay with.
As I gave the T shirt , they thanked us and asked us to pose for a picture below.



From the left Vijay ,Navneet, Jeeva[Secret Santa],Vijay (Yes we have two VJs)  And the one wearing Khakhi pants (out of the frame) was the guy working in our office whom I am very thankful to, for making my day.
(They posted this photo on instagram)

                                                        Love you little kid

                       Coming late for movie, I had to put on a spurt
                       All you wished for, was to wear  a T-shirt
                       Who are you dear  little child?
                       Today, because of you, I smiled!



Have made a child's wish come true as a Secret Santa.
Guys, whoever you are, you made my day! Drikshya NGO from Ernakulam Keep up the good work :)
The day cannot get better than this!
Now, I can get a peaceful weekend sleep!
A weekend to be remembered!







No comments:

Post a Comment